Mass Effect is an intimidating world to be wrapped up in. If you’re drowning in the amount of stuff to do, or perhaps overdosing from the 100 % pure, concentrated awesome that has been injected in to your system, have no fear. Nukoda is here with the first ever Nub-Koda Tips Guide to give you a leg up on one of the more tedious side missions: finding the 21 mysterious “Keepers” located throughout the Citadel. Read on to learn how to begin the side quest and how to avoid the pain of searching for these sneaky suckers. We’ve got your back, and we’ve got faith that you (yes, you!) can locate all 21 Keepers in 21 minutes, or your money back!
Beginning the Keeper Sidequest
Near the beginning of the game, you’re forced to go to the Council Chamber in the Citadel Tower to debate the events of Eden Prime and Saren’s involvement in the attempted destruction of it. After the trial, head down the stairs towards the Citadel Rapid Transit (CRT) terminal. To the right of it is a Salarian crouching near a peculiar-looking green quad-ped. Speak to the Salarian and agree to help him scan the Keepers and you’ll acquire a scanning tool. As you scan each individual Keeper in the Citadel you’ll bag some coin, experience and slowly build up your codex trying to unravel the existence of the creatures. Are you ready? Start your stopwatch now, because you’ve got 21 minutes to complete our time-test as you locate 21 Keepers.
Presidium – Citadel Tower
1. Right in front of you as you acquire the scanning tool. (Seen Below Left)
2. The East side of the Citadel, behind Admiral Kahoku. Look right when looking at the CRT (Seen Above Right)
3. Head up the stairs to the Council Chamber, and veer off to the far end on the right side. The Keeper is at the end of the hall.
4. Go back down the stairs and pass the CRT. Before the next set of stairs leading to the elevator, scan the Keeper in the left hallway.
Exit via Citadel tower to:
5. Immediately outside the elevator, near the Avina
6. Turn right from #5 and walk until you get to the Emporium. Pass the Hanar salesman and walk up the stairs in the back of the shop. The Keeper is left around the corner.
7. Walk right from the Emporium exit, the Keeper is behind a pillar in front of a set of stairs.
8. Take the stairs up, and take the next set down to lead in front of the Consort Chamber. The Keeper is near the CRT at the door.
9. Follow the bridge behind you back towards the Embassy area (where you began the Citadel). Take the right set of stairs and take the room straight up the ramp in to the Elcor/Volus Embassy. The Keeper is in the back right corner.
10. From the Embassy, take the opposite set of stairs. Open the first door after the stairs and find the Keeper beyond the Elcor diplomat and Asari on computers. (Seen Above)
11. Exit the room you located #10 in and head to the lounge at the top of the ramp. Pass the bartender and head out the door behind the bar, turn right and scan the Keeper at the end of the balcony.
12. Take the nearest CRT to save a little time and head to “Wards Access”. The keeper is opposite the CRT terminal near the door.
13. Proceed down the hallway out of the Wards Access elevator to the 2nd room on the left. The Keeper is hanging out behind the wall.
14. Take the elevator closest to #13. Enter the first door on the right to find the Keeper in the center of the red-lit back alley.
15. Go to the Upper Markets opposite Chora’s Den, the keeper is in the corner behind Expat’s shop. (Seen Above)
16. Head to “Flux”, the club upstairs. In the upper area of the club you’ll find the Keeper behind the Quasar gambling machines.
17. When exiting Flux, take the stairs in the Wards lobby down to Officer Lang. The Keeper is behind him, to the right of the stairs.
18. Head back upstairs and locate the Keeper behind the Med Clinic beside the CRT terminal.
19. Take the CRT to “C-Sec”. In the upper level of C-Sec take the second set of stairs to the traffic control room. The far right of the room holds a Keeper. (Seen Above)
20. Go back to C-Sec Academy and take the staircase to the lower level. In the Requisition Officer’s office you’ll find the Keeper inside the door.
21. Back up to C-Sec Academy. Take the elevator to the Normandy, and walk to the very end of the dock. On the right side is the final Keeper.
There you have it, Nubs! You’re welcome. Let us know how you fared out with the 21 minute thing… we were hauling some serious ass and came in just under 30 minutes, so it’s not entirely false-advertising. We hope you enjoyed our first Nub-Koda Tip Guide, and please leave feedback!