Over on the official PlayStation blog, Sony has announced that WipEout HD, the downloadable title to possibly end all downloadable titles, will hit the Playstation Network on September 25th. Yes, that’s this month. And no, it won’t punch a Siren-sized hole in your wallet in exchange for playing it. Priced at $20 US, WipEout HD comes in cheaper than WipEout Pulse, and at a fraction of the PSP-induced carpal tunnel discomfort.
Hit the jump for the full press release and some gorgeous new screens.
Your wipEout HD thirst will be quenched on September 25. Yes, that’s right, just 10 days from today. For just $19.99, wipEout HD will be available for download only and includes the following awesomeness:
- Full HD Visuals
- 5 Game Modes – Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap and Zone Mode
- Online play that supports up to 8 racers competing on a track at a time
- 2-player split screen (horizontally and vertically) offline
- 8 reversible tracks and 12 teams
- Optional use of SIXAXIS motion controls to steer your ship
- A great soundtrack remixed in Dolby 5.1 AND the option for custom playlists that allow you to race to whatever playlists you have on your HDD
- And more, including Trophy support, which we’ll outline for you in a future post – so keep your eyes peeled.